If AD has more accounts than i licensed in Jira

Sergey Kiselev June 18, 2015

Hello,

I need a solution. We need license for 250 accounts, but our Windows AD has more than 1000 accounts.

Will it be a problem?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Hi Sergey, 

You can always create an OU and setup your base directory with that OU.

i.e: in your AD user create a JIRA OU and point that path in the Base DN when you setup your LDAP.

image2015-6-18 9:13:25.png

0 votes
Sergey Kiselev June 18, 2015

Thanks

Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Always a pleasure ;)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2015

Possibly.  The licence is counted against who can log it.  That is determined by the groups named as users and/or admins in global permissions.

If you take 1000 users, and put 200 of them in a group called "JIRA users", then you will consume 200 licences if you use that group in JIRA to say "can log in".  The other 800 won't count.  (But they can't log in either)

Suggest an answer