Identifying tickets at risk of not being completed in a sprint in Jira.

james_w_arnold January 17, 2018

Hi! I'm new to Jira and I'm trying to setup a new project configuration for my team. One thing we'd like to have is a way to identify tickets (issues) which are at risk of not being completed by the end of a sprint. 

I've had a look around, but I can't find any tools or plugins which contain this feature. Does anyone have any ideas about how I could implement this or plugin which have this feature?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

If I understand you right, you would like to have some kind of warning mechanism, that alerts about issues that have a high chance of not being completed?

In my opinion this goes in direction of big data and deep learning, because making a forecast can only be based on historic data. Defining the start criteria will be not easy. And the whole 'thing' has to learn since by time the 'humans working on issues', 'the complexity' and 'the subject' will change.

And no, I don't know any existing solution.

Suggest an answer