Identifying the user who resolved an issue in JIRA

tzigone November 20, 2012

Hi,

I want to know who resolved an issue in in JIRA 5.2.

If there is no stable solution for that, are there any SQL statements that can help me? JIRA database is MSSQL.

Thanks,

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

You have the history tab on your issue.

The SQL is very simple:

SELECT cg.author, cg.created

FROM changegroup cg

INNER JOIN changeitem ci ON ci.groupid = cg.id

INNER JOIN jiraissue i ON cg.issueid = i.id

WHERE ci.field='status' AND ci.newvalue = (SELECT id FROM issuestatus where pname='Resolved') AND i.pkey='XXX-Y'

Note that the issue might have more than one resolver. If you need the latest resolver, just put the condition. The above SQL was tested on Postgres.

4 votes
Brian Begy August 10, 2014

Why isn't this a supported feature?

2 votes
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

You can use the Search Issues GUI for queries like that. Did you try Advanced Search?
An example: project = "my project" and status was Resolved BY "user name"

tzigone November 21, 2012

In fact, I couldn't see "resolved by" keyword.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2015

No, that was showing where the status WAS resolved and then changed, or something. Didn't work for me either

John Rocha October 22, 2018

There is no "by" option for resolved.

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

status changed to Closed by "useridABC" after -2d 

is one better way

Doug Schick December 16, 2016

Thanks Matt.  I've been trying to figure out a way to know who closed the ticket rather than relying on assignee as the "likely" person who closed it.  Appreciate this better suggesiton.

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2021

I ended up with the following:

status changed to "Resolution Provided" by membersOf("Support Team")

But still need to report on how many each agent resolved, preferably without having to resign a dashboard or filter every time the agents changes roles etc.

1 vote
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Well, we have 4.4.4, but 5.2 also has Advanced Search and I expect it to be quite similar. After you opened Issue Search and switched to Advanced Search, please enter status WAS Resolved. Then, you can use AFTER, BEFORE, BY, and more. Hope this helps.

tzigone November 21, 2012

Ok, thank you. I don't JQL much yet and I've learnt this feature now.

I am trying to get list of the user who resolved issues between specific dates and for a set of projects. I want to use a parameter after "resolved" by, like "resolved" by ? and then get a list with a column titled " Resolved By". I guess I have to enter user names manually for each user by using JQL.

So I think to modify the query above like this can solve the problem, however if it can be done with JQL, it would be better.

SELECT cg.author, cg.created,i.summary

FROM changegroup cg

INNER JOIN changeitem ci ON ci.groupid = cg.id

INNER JOIN jiraissue i ON cg.issueid = i.id

INNER JOIN project pr ON pr.pname='JIRA5' AND (i.resolutiondate< '2012-11-22' AND i.resolutiondate> '2012-11-20')

WHERE ci.field='status' AND ci.newvalue = (SELECT id FROM issuestatus where pname='Resolved') ;

0 votes
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

I'm quite sure this query is too much for the Advanced Search GUI. For instance you have to list alll the users. Regarding the dates, you can run queries like this

status was Resolved BY currentUser() BEFORE now() AFTER startOfMonth()

but I understand that's not exactly what you want.

I don't know if the SQL statement is perfect because I don't SQL, I just use the GUI (at least part of it).

Suggest an answer