Identifying the user who resolved an issue in JIRA

Hi,

I want to know who resolved an issue in in JIRA 5.2.

If there is no stable solution for that, are there any SQL statements that can help me? JIRA database is MSSQL.

Thanks,

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You have the history tab on your issue.

The SQL is very simple:

SELECT cg.author, cg.created

FROM changegroup cg

INNER JOIN changeitem ci ON ci.groupid = cg.id

INNER JOIN jiraissue i ON cg.issueid = i.id

WHERE ci.field='status' AND ci.newvalue = (SELECT id FROM issuestatus where pname='Resolved') AND i.pkey='XXX-Y'

Note that the issue might have more than one resolver. If you need the latest resolver, just put the condition. The above SQL was tested on Postgres.

You can use the Search Issues GUI for queries like that. Did you try Advanced Search?
An example: project = "my project" and status was Resolved BY "user name"

In fact, I couldn't see "resolved by" keyword.

No, that was showing where the status WAS resolved and then changed, or something. Didn't work for me either

Well, we have 4.4.4, but 5.2 also has Advanced Search and I expect it to be quite similar. After you opened Issue Search and switched to Advanced Search, please enter status WAS Resolved. Then, you can use AFTER, BEFORE, BY, and more. Hope this helps.

Ok, thank you. I don't JQL much yet and I've learnt this feature now.

I am trying to get list of the user who resolved issues between specific dates and for a set of projects. I want to use a parameter after "resolved" by, like "resolved" by ? and then get a list with a column titled " Resolved By". I guess I have to enter user names manually for each user by using JQL.

So I think to modify the query above like this can solve the problem, however if it can be done with JQL, it would be better.

SELECT cg.author, cg.created,i.summary

FROM changegroup cg

INNER JOIN changeitem ci ON ci.groupid = cg.id

INNER JOIN jiraissue i ON cg.issueid = i.id

INNER JOIN project pr ON pr.pname='JIRA5' AND (i.resolutiondate< '2012-11-22' AND i.resolutiondate> '2012-11-20')

WHERE ci.field='status' AND ci.newvalue = (SELECT id FROM issuestatus where pname='Resolved') ;

I'm quite sure this query is too much for the Advanced Search GUI. For instance you have to list alll the users. Regarding the dates, you can run queries like this

status was Resolved BY currentUser() BEFORE now() AFTER startOfMonth()

but I understand that's not exactly what you want.

I don't know if the SQL statement is perfect because I don't SQL, I just use the GUI (at least part of it).

Why isn't this a supported feature?

status changed to Closed by "useridABC" after -2d 

is one better way

Thanks Matt.  I've been trying to figure out a way to know who closed the ticket rather than relying on assignee as the "likely" person who closed it.  Appreciate this better suggesiton.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you