Identifying scope of custom fields

Hi All

I have 120 custom fields and majority of them have a global scope context. Now I want to restrict them to only the projects which use them.

Is there a definitive and an easy way of identifying which projects are using which custom fields. I can then go in make amendments (change context) and re-index just once.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I believe best way is to get this info from the DB. You might find the query that can help you from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA

Otherwise it will give you an idea.

I would have chosen the backend approach first to investigate the customfield configuration. Though I haven't looked at it, can you have a look at the customfield and its related tables under the JIRA database. Hopefully it should give you the associated projects with that customfield.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,718 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you