Identifying jira issue updates during a meeting

Hi All

Our project teams often run meeting and during those meeting jira issues are discussed and updated.

Now, we would like all absentees to directly know the changes that were made during the meeting.

Is there a way to identify the issues that were edited/created during a specific time frame say 1 hour so that absentees can know what was discussed in the meeting.?

Rahul

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

Labels is a far better way to do it. It also gets around the problem that Christian mentions (the "changed" operator doesn't work for all fields), and it will leave you with an easy way to refer back to meetings later if you choose informative labels. Such as meeting_dd_mm_yyyy (just remember you can't use spaces in labels)

1 votes

Use a filter.

The pseudo code for it would be

project in (list of projects) and updated > (meeting start) and updated < (meeting end)

Hi Nic. Thanks for your answer. However, the only loophole i can see in this query is that, issues discussed outside the meeting (i.e. any random transition by a user) will also feature in this list and will be understood as CCB agreed/discussed. How do we avoid this problem?

Rahul

@Nic isnt't the changed function restricted to some system fields (like priority, status?).

The JIRA Misc custom fields plugin records the transition caller field if that's of any help:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields

Maybe off-topic but you should vote for this issue that has been around for 10 years:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1973

Use the "changed by" function, naming the attendees of the meeting.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching for other functions you might find helpful

Very true, but Rahul has hit upon a better option than custom fields (I was heading to labels because they're flexible, but was thinking a bit too close to the search, and Rahul beat me to it)

Thanks Nic and Christian for your inputs.

Rahul

use JQL

e.g

updated < '2013-05-23 05:00' and updated > '2013-05-23 03:00'

Why dont you use another custom field. a select list or radio button. you can change the value if you discussed it during the meting. Then in JQL you can use that to filter

e.g

updated < '2013-05-23 05:00' and updated > '2013-05-23 03:00' and "Issue Discussed" = 'true'

Can we use labels to tag issues discussed in CCB rather than using custom fields? Will it serve the same purpose?

Yes Labels also a good option.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,009 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot