Identifying Zephyr for JIRA test cases linked to the issuetype "Bug" with status "Fixed"

Kofi Holdbrook-Smith July 1, 2014

Hi

We want to create a test cycle in Zephyr for JIRA and have been unable to create the correct JIRA filter to apply.

We want to create and apply a filter which contains, all test cases excluding any test cases with a related "Bug" issue that has not been "Fixed".

Is there anyway this can be created?

Thanks in advance

Kofi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kofi Holdbrook-Smith July 20, 2014

Have found that this was only possible with an add on.

We purchased the "Search Linked Issues for JIRA" add on.

This allowed us to create a JIRA filter of all "Bug" issue types with the status "Fixed".

We then created a separate filter containing all the test cases we were looking to execute and included the function linkedissuesinFilter("[FilterName]") in the JQL string for this filter, where [Filtername] was the saved filter of fixed bugs.

Not a fan of recommending commercial add ons since they don't pay me and I actually expected this functionality in JIRA already.

Ho hum.

priory_rory November 15, 2016

and presumably this isn't available for the Cloud version, only on-prem. 

0 votes
G3 July 20, 2014

Hello,

I am curious how you are using JIRA & Z4J with your search/filter in mind. Is this a process and workflow thing for you... howso if so?

In other words, why are you using that particular filter?

- Gray -

Kofi Holdbrook-Smith July 21, 2014

It is process and workflow but on a very simple premise.

We want our testers to execute tests which do not have bugs not yet fixed by our development team.

We were doing this by adding all the required tests to Z4J using a saved filter and manually removing test cases which met this exclusion criteria. But it got too resource intensive.

Suggest an answer