Identify trial add-ons in JIRA database for reporting?

Nigel Harrison January 12, 2016

I'm setting up some reporting for administrators and I've generated a Deck Of Cards for listing what plugins are installed across our strategic instances of JIRA. However, it would be very usefull to be able to identify what trial plugins are installed and on what instances. Could somebody help me identify what table and field in the JIRA database I can reference this please?

1 answer

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Hi Nigel,

• I doubt, we can find any information in database whether it is Trial or not.
  • But, you can easily identify a trial plugin from UI if it has a 'L' in its SEN number.
  • Login as JIRA/Confluence Administrator and go to Manage Add-ons section and select user Installed from drop down and expand each plugin to identify SEN Number
  • Please find attached screenshot.

Trial-license-format.PNG

• Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

Nigel Harrison January 13, 2016

Thanks Chander, Yes I'm fine with finding this information out in the UI. Here at Barclays we many plugins under evaluation and many more installed across five strategic instances, five staging instances and various other sandbox instances. It would be very useful to our team to able to see reports about the status of all plugins across all instances in one Confluence admin page. Thanks for you help thought, I wonder if that serial number is refelected in the database?

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

I will get back to you digging more onto database.

Suggest an answer