Identify Filters not shared with anyone

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hi

When i search for filters (as an admin), i only get to see filters which are shared with a project, group or with anyone.

What i do not know is that how many filters are there on my instance which is not shared with anyone.

I want make an update to ALL filters and unless i am able to access all such filters (which are kind of under the water) I wont be able to fix those filters,

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Beside what Peter said, you could look in the table searchrequest. There you can identify the filters which would be affected and notify the owners.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

I'm not sure there's any reason to bother. If a filter is private, only the owner can see it, and when they use it, they'll see it's broken and know they have to fix it. Doesn't affect other people.

If you do have some reason to do this, then you'll need to go via the database.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

Thanks Nic, yes we have a good reason. We recently changed the priority names, and after that all filters broke. Worse, the filter owners are thinking there are no P0 issues this week and not actioning (which is due to broken filter) rather than the actual status. So, they dont know something has actually broken.

Are you aware of any DB queries (which tables etc) which i can toggle a bit and re-use for this purpose.?

Rahul

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

use

select * from searchrequest where reqcontent like '%<YourOldStatus>%';

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

If the filter owners are actually using the filters, you'll find they get an error, not a zero result...

Udo beat me to the SQL

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2013

Hi Rahul,

I don't think you can find private filters or change them (even as an admin).

It's the responsibility of the owner to keep them up to date.

You could send out an email or write a confuence page about the change you are going to make and how they can update their filters.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer