Ideas on how to sync a Custom Field between a parent and sub-task using Script Runner?

Darren Tonnessen October 19, 2016

Any tips/tricks using Script Runner to keep a Parent Story Custom Field in sync with the Sub-Task for that story?

I'm able to copy / propagate the Custom Field into the Sub-Task on creation using a Templates Add-on but I'd like to keep the Custom Field in sycn AFTER the initial creation of the Sub-Task. I'd like the parent and the sub-task to mirror each other for certain fields without having to manually update the Sub-Task 

2 answers

0 votes
Michele January 13, 2017

Hi Thanos,

do you have a template of script to show me how to sync an Epic and linked User Story custom field? The cf has the same name in both.

Thanks in advance,

Michele

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

hi Darren,

I suppose you can use a listener that in every issue update will check parent's custom field value and if this value in the subtask is different then update it. Also if you do not want the custom field value in the sub task to be editable then maybe a scripted field ?

If you could provide a use case ?

cheers, Thanos

Suggest an answer