ISSUE Collector Notification

Terry Chafin July 2, 2013

I would like to be able to send a confirmation from my Issue Collector when a user submits a ticket. 98% of the people submitting tickets are not JIRA users.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2013

Generally notifications are only being sent to actual users on the instance. You could have a look into the JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler though I can not say with certainty if it provides the functionality you are after in combination with the issue collector. This add-on is not available on JIRA OnDemand.

1 vote
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013
0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Hi @Terry Chafin,

You can send notifications based on E-mail data from JIRA IssueCollector using our plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/cloud/overview
Just specify message template and "Email or destination list" like this:
{{#issues}}{{issueCollector.email}}{{/issues}}
Best,
Vladimir Horev

0 votes
Drew Katz February 2, 2015

Would love a quick way to have the system auto-assign through issue collector, or at least send someone on the team an email.

zubin January 27, 2019

if you select the user as a "Reporter" in the Issue Collector section then that user should be getting an email notification upon every issue being created

Like Dave Liao likes this
Lisa Kulha January 14, 2021

Unfortunately, this did not work for us. I was set to the Reporter but did not receive emails.

0 votes
Terry Chafin July 2, 2013

Thank you I will give it a look. I am new to JIRA and still bumbling my way through it

Suggest an answer