IE8 won't render all fields in Custom Issue Collector - What's wrong?

Objective: Create a [Custom Issue Collector] using JIRA UI and copy the embed javascript code to launch the [Customer Issue Collector Form] from our local server.

We had success when we embed javascript code in a local html file, the [Custom Issue Collector form] did launch and rendered the form correctly

When we embed the javascript code in a html file hosted by our local server (Domino web server uses https), the IE8 did not render as expected and its error is attached (refer to jira-ie-error-log.txt).

But the same page (hosted in Domino Server) is rendered correctly using Chrome or Firefox.

Enclosures:

1. Jira-IE-Error.bmp ()

2. Jira-IE-ActualPage_Local.bmp ()

3. Jirs-IE-Error-Log.txt (Jira-IE-Error-Log.txt)

2 answers

1 accepted

Rookie mistake. We didn't follow the directions to the letter and we didn't use the Advanced Issue Collector page in the Training Wiki. We have corrected our errors and strung the proper code together to make our Custom Issue Collector work properly. I highly recommend that you Re-index when prompted.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,770 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you