IE stopped working when clicking on Createissue for one project in Jira 7.2.6

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

Hi,

I am seeing the problem with just one project createissue screen does not loading in IE 11. My jira version 7.2.6.

Steps to reproduce the issue

1) Open IE 11

2) type the Jira url

3) login into Jira

4) Click on "Create"

5) Select "project" and "IssueType"

6) Click Next

Then the IE browser stopped working. When I click on "Close Program" then going to previous screen.

Everything works fine in Firefox and chrome browser. Nothing changed from past 2 years. Hope we never tested using IE since then.

Anyone has any suggestion for this. Thanks for the help in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hi Omprakash,

That's odd that is happening for one project.  If you create a new project does this happen?

I would try clearing the cache and cookies, trying in a Private Browsing window to rule out any browser add-ons etc.

If that fails, I would next open the developer panel and open a project that works and then the one that doesn't to see if you can tell any difference.  Finally, if there doesnt' appear to be any communication reproduce the issue and generate a HAR file.  This should help you determine what is going on with the communicaiton between the browser and JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Branden,

I just looked at in Private Browsing option in safety in IE 11 version. I did not find that option.

It is happening with just one project in all developer machines including mine. 

I am unable to reproduce the HAR file. As IE browser itself stopped working when I click on create button and then select the project and issue type and then click on NEXT so its not showing any results.

Anyway I can find the root cause for this issues. Strange thing is same project with same configuration working in DEV environment but not in prod. 

Thanks,

Om

Suggest an answer