• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I would like to stop some users creating their own dashboard as it allows them access to gadgets which give information on other clients projects. Is this possible?

I would like to stop some users creating their own dashboard as it allows them access to gadgets which give information on other clients projects. Is this possible?

Peter Norman October 27, 2014

1 answer

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

I doubt that there are gadgets that would give an user information about a project where this user has no access to. Can you tell us which gadgets you mean?

Peter Norman October 28, 2014

Using a user restricted to one project at jira user level, I created a new dashboard and added the activity stream, which then shows all activity across our projects when being setup.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

So this user (lets call him A) has only in one project (P1) browse project permission. He sets up a dashboard with the activity stream. Now this user A can see activities from other projects (P2,P3,...) where he has no browse project permissions? It does not work for me.

Peter Norman October 28, 2014

Yes User a only has access to P1 as Jira developer and user, but after adding Activity Stream to his dashboard he can see all activity in other projects P2 P3 etc. although can't see their issues or agile sprint and backlog. It's only this gadget.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2014

As I said it is not possible for me to see in my activity stream any activity from projects where I don't have browse projects permission. See also this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/50567/why-is-activity-stream-showing-every-project-for-users-only-assigned-to-a-certain-project So you should take a look at the permission schemes in the other projects.

Peter Norman October 30, 2014

Further investigation has lead to discovering unwanted activity is coming via Fisheye's link to Sub-Version. Any idea how this can be controlled? Going to post a new question based on this.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2014

Sorry, but I'm not really familiar with fisheye.

Suggest an answer