I would like to rearrange the issue layout

Umar Ahmed March 20, 2019

Hi,

I would like to reorder the fields position, I want to have the Description field appearing above Change Reason and Impact of change and also want to remove the design field.

Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 11.56.10.pngthank you in advance

Umar

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

Umar,

Go to the screen where these fields are and move them as you wish.

You'll need to be an Admin to edit the fields.

Victor

Hi Victor,

I am an admin but for some reason i am unable to locate the right screen, is there any way to find the screen name up look at the screenshot above?

thanks

Umar 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

Go to Project Settings (lower left corner of your jira) -> You'll come to the summary page of your project. --> Scroll down to find screens.

Victor

Thank you Victor, but on the screen view both of the fields (impact of change and change reason) are right at the bottle of the list, but on the issue view they are above the description field.Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 15.18.32.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2019

Umar,

I copied the following from jira cloud.

"To configure the layout of the new Jira issue view—which fields appear and the order they appear in—open an issue and choose ••• > Configure. To find out more about configuring the issue layout, check out Configure field layout in the issue view."

Victor

Like Umar Ahmed likes this
rashami.abhyankar November 30, 2019

@Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems] 

@Umar Ahmed 

Hey is it possible to move fields from left to right in JIRA.

For example if I have to move the field Change Reason to the right , is it possible?

Suggest an answer