• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I would like to know what "link" type (blocks, duplicate, depends...) would help me replicate updates made to one issue to another. For example if two issues are tied through "duplicate" link,then I want the second issue to be closed when the 1st is close

I would like to know what "link" type (blocks, duplicate, depends...) would help me replicate updates made to one issue to another. For example if two issues are tied through "duplicate" link,then I want the second issue to be closed when the 1st is close

Mohammed Jamaludeen March 6, 2017

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Hi Mohammed,

no link-type will do this. You can see an official statement here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2735 

I would close the duplicated issue right after creation and linking. Why do you want to keep a duplicate issue open?

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Mohammed you need to look into a plugin to achieve this. Scriptrunner is something you could evaluate.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer