I would like to know how to create a filter for all the dependencies that solve my Epics

Baig Mirja_ Sattar March 19, 2021

I would like to know how to create a filter for all the dependencies that solve my Epics. The result should show those "Stories" that has dependent issue to a group of Epic Issues which I specify.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Baig Mirja_ Sattar 

What do you mean by "dependent issue"?

If you mean stories which are children of the set of epics, you could find them by supplying the epic keys:

"Epic Link" IN (EPIC-1, EPIC-2, EPIC-3)

If instead you mean find any stories (including their linked stories) which are children of the set of epics, you cannot do that with out-of-the-box Jira.  You would need one of the marketplace add-on products for JQL to do that query.

Best regards,

Bill

Baig Mirja_ Sattar March 25, 2021

Hi Bill,

How to use below filter where I can pull out Dependent Issues data from any Issue.

issueLinkType = "has dependent issue" (XYZ-123,XYZ-453) AND project = XYZ AND issuetype in (Story,Epic)

BR,

Sattar

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Baig Mirja_ Sattar 

Thanks for clarifying; please try this to search for a specific link type and the query you note above.

( issue IN linkedIssues(XYZ-123, "has dependent issue")
OR issue IN linkedIssues(XYZ-456, "has dependent issue")
)
AND project = XYZ
AND issueType IN (Story, Epic)

For more information about that function, please look here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/advanced-searching-functions-reference-939937722.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-linkedIssueslinkedIssues()

Baig Mirja_ Sattar March 28, 2021

Thankyou

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2021

You are welcome, @Baig Mirja_ Sattar If this helped you solve the problem, please consider marking this question as answered.  That will help others in the community searching for answers find them faster.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer