I would like to have a simple list of all the NAMES of my Customers and their Accounts and their Projects.

Nimrod Levin December 11, 2013

Hi,

I need something like in the format in the image attached. In either XL or even better - straight in an internal view in Jira.

I'm interested only in the NAMES of the customers/accounts/projects but their KEYS will be nice as well.

Thanks for the help!!

Nim

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

You'll need some code to do that. Jira doesn't have any "export/report list of users", the closest you can get is to just scrape the screen listing users.

There's also a LOT of complexity in this requirement - you need to define your business rules on how a user belongs to a project, and then write code to extract their membership. (An easy rule is "user can see issues in it", but the default setup is that everyone can do that. So then you might say "user can create issues in it", but that's a two layered route - you need to read the permissions for the project and then see if the user matches any of the "create" rules)

Thanks a mil Nic.

I'm not interested in Users. Only in that list of Customers and each Customer's Account and each Account's Projects.

The data is out there as I see it in many places in Jira - but only parts of what I need (e.g. Customer and its Accounts in one place and in another place Account and its Projects).

I want all in a simple list...;-) Basic no?

N

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

Ah, sorry, I had assumed "customer = user", but that's not right.

Could you explain what a "customer" is then? I think this actually becomes harder because you've got to map customer -> user -> permission -> project, and you haven't said how you are linking user accounts to customers.

Nic - this has nothing to do with users. I'm not interested in a list which shows connections between users and other entiuties.

I'm only interested in a list preseting the connections between ALL my organization's Customers and ALL their Accounts and all their Projects.

Hi Nic,

I'm trying to explain myself in the clearest way possible. I'm sorry if it is not in the level you expect...

Anyways - I think I understand now what is the issue here. Since you mentioned specificallu that Jira accounts ARE users - It hit me - I'm using Tempo add-in and I need that mentioned list of customers-accounts-projects from there.

In Tempo users are NOT accounts.

Thanks,

Nim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2013

You are missing the point.

You talked about "Jira accounts". These ARE users. You've asked for a list of "customers" and not told us what you mean by "customer", let alone what we really need to know, which is "how are you connecting customers to projects?" (I'm having to guess it's via user accounts as you've mentioned them)

You can't expect us to help you generate a report on "customer to project" if you won't tell us how you are forming that relationship in Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2013

Ah, Tempo, yes. We had no way of knowing that.

Still need to know how you are defining "customer" though, and accounts.

Thanks. I've contacted Tempo directly. I'll wait for their answer (unless you have a feeling you WILL be able to assit...).

As for your question - I'm not sure we can even "define" customers and accounts as it is a given in Tempo: Customer is a parent of Account(s) and Account is a parent of Project(s). Helps?

N

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2013

I'm not that familiar with Tempo, sorry.

Suggest an answer