I would like to be able to run a report that will list all issues and sub tasks and export it

Gale Holdren December 28, 2017

I am looking for a way to run a report in JIRA that will allow me to see all the issues that have been created. I can only see the first 1000 issues and our company has created more than 3800 issues and sub tasks. 

I have tried to export the list of all issues but it only exports the first 1000.

I need to see open and resolved issues.

I have admin permissions.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

This begs the question "why"?

What use is a list of 3,800 issues in a set of lines on a bit of paper?  It is far too many for a human to find useful individually.

I suspect you want summaries and consolidated reporting, not a list of issues, which Jira already does in a lot of ways.

Could you explain the actual reporting requirement, rather than a possible approach to doing it?

Gale Holdren December 28, 2017

I would want the list of all issues in order to help track work done on various grants. Not all issues were created with a defined naming structure and thus it is not clear [to me] which issues are tied to which grants. 

I do not want consolidated reporting or summaries.

If you know of a way for me to view all of the issues that would be great.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

Right, so as you're basically saying you want to read every issue in turn, why not use the issue navigator?  It pages through a filter, and a filter for "" will return every issue.

Suggest an answer