I would like to add separate assign for each status automatically in one workflow?

Zbanu June 21, 2016

for example i have workflow as such ,

open->in progress->close .

when i change status from open to in progress i want another person to be assigned automatically(in assignee field) .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2016

You'll need a bit of coding/scripting to do this if you want it to be dynamic.

If you have a really simple "Assign to fixed person", then you can add workflow post-functions to simply set that person into the assignee field.

If it's more complex than that, like assigning to the last developer, someone in a role, someone in a user-picker field etc, then you'll want code.  There's a number of flexible post functions in the free add-ons you can get (take a look at the ones the JIRA Suite Utilities provide) and more in paid ones.  Then there's the freedom to code inside the application provided by a couple of others - you'll need that if you want to do really clever ones (e.g. look up someone named on a linked issue and assign to them)

Suggest an answer