I will be Upgrading our JIRA PROD Instance which is currently Version 3 and we would like to upgrade to Version 6.3.1.3

AKASH BHARDWAJ February 23, 2015

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Akash

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

You will want to do this in steps (3.unknown -> 6.3 is NOT going to work), and follow the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

There is not a lot more we can tell you - you need to read the documentation, plan the steps of upgrade appropriate for your site and test it.

0 votes
AKASH BHARDWAJ May 12, 2015

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] : Hi Nic,

I have JIRA 3.0 Instance which i have upgraded to 4.4.5 this is upgraded using TAR file on Unix Box, Can you please let me know if i can upgrade the same to 6.3.13 with BIN.

Using same SQL Database and Home and Installation Directory.

Many Thanks,

Akash

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2015

In theory, yes. But I would very much recommend testing it carefully, as sometimes the config and/or plugins fall over and it's worth going through an intermediate version 5.

Suggest an answer