• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I was trying to retrieve all the issues for a project with REST api. Is there a non-maven solution for this? meaning - where we should be able to get the data just by associating the required jar files?

I was trying to retrieve all the issues for a project with REST api. Is there a non-maven solution for this? meaning - where we should be able to get the data just by associating the required jar files?

Sanc Paul January 25, 2017

As of now, this is what I have been able to find out - 

public static void accessToJira() throws IOException, URISyntaxException{

final AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory factory = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory();
JiraRestClient client = (JiraRestClient) factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(jiraServerUri, "<username>", "<password>");

// Invoke the JRJC Client
Promise<User> promise = client.getUserClient().getUser("admin");
User user = promise.claim();

Promise<SearchResult> searchJqlPromise = client.getSearchClient().searchJql("project=TACO_IMPORT_DEMO");

for (Issue issue : searchJqlPromise.claim().getIssues()) {
System.out.println(issue.getSummary());
}
}

** currently, I am encountering errors for missing classes at the line createWithBasicHttpAuthentication.

On googling and downloading the required jar for one class, another missing class comes uf and unfortunately, it wouldn't stop... sad Please help.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Sanc Paul January 29, 2017

I am just trying to send a request to JIRA and get the issues for particular project as a response.

for this I am using the REST api.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2017

What are you trying to build?

Suggest an answer