• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I was testing jira import functionality on a project B by taking export of certain issues of project A. Now problem is that both project issues are same and have become interrelated.

I was testing jira import functionality on a project B by taking export of certain issues of project A. Now problem is that both project issues are same and have become interrelated.

Harvinder Singh February 10, 2017

Even the release details have been copied and in case I try to delete the issues from Project B. I see that they also get deleted from Project A which is a live project.

So how to separate out the Sprint details, release details of issues from both projects.

2 answers

0 votes
Harvinder Singh February 10, 2017

I mean the project A export file was having field "projectname" which I changed from project A to project B. Now, I imported that file to project B. I guess since the import was carried out  with csv having Sprint field and release field as well. So, it created similar fields for project B also. Further, I guess since the release and sprint were having same sprint id and version id. Therefore, the issues are interlinked in both the projects. Thus, in case I delete a sprint X for Project B which got imported from project A. The sprint X of Project A also gets deleted.

I hope you understand my problem now.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

I don't understand what you've done, why, or what you're trying to achieve by doing it.

Some things jumped out as clear though:

• Changing the project name in an export file is likely to break things unless you change the associated things.
  • "issues are interlinked" explains nothing about what you mean - links?  Same issues?  What?
  • Yes, if you delete a sprint, you delete it.  Sprints do NOT belong to projects, they belong to boards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

This does not sound like the way JIRA behaves at all.

Could you clarify something - when you say "project", do you actually mean "board"?

Harvinder Singh February 13, 2017

By Project I mean "Project" named "A" and "B" and the issues can be seen in both the project boards and on clicking left nav backlog  also. In that view issues are coming based on the Sprints listed in Project A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2017

Your boards are set to include issues from both projects.  You need to change those.

Suggest an answer