I was able to access Jira on April 20, but could no longer get in as of April 21.

Bryan Bale April 24, 2017

We've been using Jira for a long time.  We had separate Jira login credentials at one time, but at some point, Jira started requiring Atlassian credentials for login.  At that time, everything was fine; I created an Atlassian account and started using those credentials, and didn't have any problems accessing Jira.

In fact, I just created a new ticket in our system last Thursday, April 20.  When I came back in to work on Friday, I tried to view the ticket I had created, but I was interrupted by this prompt.

login.png

I clicked "Log in using Atlassian account", and got this response:

noaccess.png

I noticed that I had to start using Atlassian credentials (instead of BitBucket credentials) to access our BitBucket repository on Friday.  I suspect the Jira problem must be related in some way.

Did my Jira account somehow become disassociated from my Atlassian account?  Is this a known issue?  Has anyone else run into this problem?  How can this be fixed?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

That would mean that

1. One of your admins has removed your account or access
  2. The site has been locked out as it is in the process of being removed (owners have chosen to turn it off, or not paid the bill)
  3. Something has gone wrong with the Cloud system

In all cases, you need to talk to the administrators.  In the first two, you'll probably want to be asking for an explanation, in the third one, it's the admins who will need to raise the support call with Atlassian.

Bryan Bale April 25, 2017

Thank you for the response. I checked with my admin, and he had to re-establish my access to Jira from his dashboard.  We're still not sure how this happened, but I am able to get back in now.  I think we can consider this matter resolved.

Suggest an answer