I wanted to use the value of a customfield as a condition

Alex Lorsung September 27, 2016

I have a custom field called "Approval Needed". And within that customfield there are 5 different values.

-Immediate Execution

-Normal

-Execute Tonight

-None

-Execute before next CCB

I have been trying to figure out, with no success, how to condition scriptrunner custom email listiener, to only fire when the value of that custom field (Approval Needed), equals 1 or more of those values. I am not great at groovy. but all i can seem to figure out is:

getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Approval Needed"))

def approvalNeeded = getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Approval Needed"))

Which is passing (i think?) the value of Approval needed into the variable "approvalNeeded"

I could use a littel help with the rest of this condition..

1 answer

1 vote
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

Please use this as a reference.

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
CustomField approvalNeeded = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Approval Needed")

String value = (String) issue.getCustomFieldValue(approvalNeeded)

Now, the value of Approval needed into the variable 'value' and go ahead with further coding as you required.

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Here's the same script, with imports and more relaxed typing:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def approvalNeeded = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Approval Needed")
def value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(approvalNeeded)

See also the examples using the OptionsManager to show you how to get the list of possible values for your select list field. https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.7/jira/recipes/behaviours/select-list-other.html. You probably won't need them for your use case, but you may for similar work.

Suggest an answer