• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want to vary SLAs according to a) customer AND b) the product to which the incident relates. In essence, there are two levels of definition - can JIRA Service Desk cater for this?

I want to vary SLAs according to a) customer AND b) the product to which the incident relates. In essence, there are two levels of definition - can JIRA Service Desk cater for this?

o l April 13, 2016

This is the situation:

1. Our customers are set up as Service Desk projects.
  2. Each customer takes different products from us.
  3. The SLA varies depending on the customer and the product. Two customers might take the same product, but their respective SLAs (i.e. timings) might well be different.

Can the SLA functionality in JIRA Service Desk deal with this? If so, how does one set this up?

Thank you! 

2 answers

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

If clients are set up in different projects, I will assume you identify which product is concerned using Components.

Your SLA for the Client 1 desk could look like this:

Time to first response:

component = product 1       8h

component = product 2       4h

For Client 2's desk

Time to first response:

component = product 1       6h

component = product 2       6h

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/setting-up-slas-802164805.html#SettingupSLAs-SettingupSLAgoals

o l April 14, 2016

Hi there,

Many thanks for your help.

If I identified the product via another custom field, for instance a dropdown, would I still be able to define the SLA around that?

Thank you

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

Of course. Any field will do. Instead of component = product 1, you would have customField = product 1. The same logic applies.

0 votes
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2016

you can create your SLA's based on JQL similar to quick filters.    Each project or service desk can have its own SLAs.   you can also have multiple types of SLAs. 

for example, we use the Following 

Time to First Response (our Triage process) 

Time to Assign (when the ticket gets picked up

Time to Resolution (when it is done) 

each service desk project can have multiple SLA values. 

Suggest an answer