I want to use a different workflow scheme for my project

Jens Vogelpohl July 1, 2012

Hi,

I created a new workflow scheme and now I want to activate ist and unse ist for my project.

My JIRA-Version is 4.4.3 an I'm logged in as JIRA Administrator (and I'm Admin for this project).

When I go to the starting page for my project, click on the workflow-link and then on Actions -> use a different scheme, my new scheme ist not selectable. What can be the reaseon(s)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

jens

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2012

Hi Jens,

did you assign workflows to your workflow scheme ?

Have a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

Did you follow all the steps described there ?

Cheers

Thomas

Yes, I created and assigned workflows. And I recognized the FAQ, but when I reach step 5 of "

Disassociating a Workflow Scheme from a Project"

(see the image) my new scheme is not displayed in the dropdown:

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2012

can you add this workflow scheme to a new project ?

Hi Thomas,

no, it's the same problem with a new project.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2012

- Can you add any other workflow schemes to your project ?

- Having a look at the workflow schemes (Administration > Issues > Workflows > Workflow Schemes), is there anything unusal with your workflow scheme ?

If there is nothing unusal, I don't have another idea, what is going wrong here. Maybe someone else has a clue ?

oh shit - I mixed up issue type scheme and workflow scheme. I created all issue types, workflows, steps, transitions, .... but forgot to define a new workflow scheme to connect ist with the projekt...

I'm sorry to waist yout time!

Thanks a lot

jens

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2012

no problem, you're welcome.

The main thing is, you found the problem.

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer