STEPS :

1. Install jira 7.6 and then restore data from the backup of 6.4.11

2.CHECK ALL THE FEATURES ARE WORKING?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2017

I would not recommend doing that.

I would strongly recommend following the upgrade path given in the documentation, and not skipping version 7.0 or 7.1.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-802592251.html

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

I agree with Nic, Skipping major versions when upgrading JIRA applications - Atlassian Documentation even makes this very clear, you need to go to a 7.0.x version first.  

After upgrading to 7.0.x, make sure you update all the plugins you use with Jira for this version and make sure everything works.   Only then can you upgrade to the latest version.

Lots of support cases created because users tried to restore a 6.x version or older of Jira to a 7.2.x or higher version and it ends up not being able to upgrade some data.  The Jira upgrade guide for 7.2+ from older versions explains what steps you should take to upgrade form that older version.

Suggest an answer