I want to understand how to adjust my workflow to start using JIRA Software with Confluence. Any ideas?

Ewen Galbraith May 4, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

What do you want to happen regarding JIRA SW and Confluence? Your statement is very vague and we need more information to help you out.

Ewen Galbraith May 5, 2016

Thanks for the quick response.  We currently use Confluence but would like to add JIRA Software. I am looking for best practices on what functions I should use Confluence for and what functions I should use JIRA Software to accomplish.  I am trying to determine where in the process they intersect in order to put together a workflow and value proposition I can sell up the chain.  The marketing videos are useful but don't provide me with enough detail to complete my business case for subcribing to JIRA Software.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

JIRA Software is an issue tracking tool that mainly focus on Agile concepts (JIRA Core is just plain old JIRA with general issue tracking in mind). Confluence is another Atlassian Software that let's you easily create wiki sites for knowledge base, documentation and related articles. Since they are made by one vendor only, they are easily integrated with additional features like dispalying JIRA issues in a wiki page and so much more.

Ewen Galbraith May 10, 2016

Thanks!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2016

No problem! smile

Suggest an answer