I want to sum up values of a created custom field.

Peter Wrzos July 18, 2013

I am trying to do some basic reporting. I created 2-D gadgets that list number of issues based on categories. I want to do the same but instead of one of the categories, I want to sum up values on a custom field. E.g. instead of having a 2-D filter telling me how many Xs, Ys and Zs are Closed, Resolved or Opened, I want to sum the value of a custom field per category X, Y and Z.

Please help.

5 answers

3 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

Unfortunately ScriptRunner (which used to be free) is very expensive now.

Is there a free addon that allows us to add up all the numbers in a certain field, e.g. "planned effort for this sprint" or "overall costs for all these Marketing issues"?

3 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

I suggest Jamie's Script Runner plugins that includes custom JQL function "aggregateExpression"

just add something like

and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Label to show",fieldTo.sum)

to your filter/search. And you will get a small alert box with the outcome.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-AggregateExpressions

Juliano Acauan July 12, 2019

This worked fine for me. I needed to add Story Points and used storyPoints.sum().

1 vote
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2015

Maybe the Better Excel Plugin for JIRA can be an option for you:

http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/formulas

Cheers,
Andre 

1 vote
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

Hey,

we recently released a plugin that calculates totals... You might want to check it out:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp

Cheers

Julian

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Hello @Julian Riedinger [Decadis AG] Can we Calculate Sum of Custom Field by user in your plugin?

Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2016

Hi Rita, with the current version of our SumUp add-on you can enter any jql query you like in your issue navigator, select a configured column with summarizable values and with a little click on the calculate button, you get the calculated totals. Unfortunately JQL has no 'group by' feature. But i have great news for you! We are currently implement a SumUp Gadget, where you can easily sum up values and grouping the results by any issuefield you like. Maybe you are interested in trying the beta? Cheers Julian

Rita younes January 7, 2016

Hello @Julian Riedinger [Decadis AG] , Yes am really interested to try this features.how shall we proceed ? Thanks

Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2016

Hey Rita, I think the easiest way is to write a mail at j.riedinger [@] decadis.de, so I can provide you a link to the beta version Cheers Julian

1 vote
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013

JIRA Misc Custom Field plugin might be helpful for you.

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-calculatednumberfield

Regards

Onkar Ahire

Peter Wrzos August 4, 2013

Hi,

My question was misunderstood. I have a number field across a certain issue type. I want to sum up all the values of this field for all the issues. E.g. I have an issue type called 'work day' - one of the fields part of this issue type is 'no.of.hours'. I want to sum up all 'no.of.hours' for all the 'work day' issues. The summed up value is not a field - thus a calculated field will not do. All I want to do is to display this sum in a 2-d Filter, a report, etc.

Thanks,

Peter.

Suggest an answer