• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want to send a custom email out to email supported customers when a new ticket is created, this needs to be dynamic as we have different customers email address

I want to send a custom email out to email supported customers when a new ticket is created, this needs to be dynamic as we have different customers email address

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2014

We support our 5 customers via email requests for tickets that we enter manually (we are working on having this done via mail handler down the line). We want JIRA to send out a custom email to the customer requester and all other recipents on the email when we create the ticket. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

Sure, the Scriptrunner plugin is excellent for this, it has several "send custom mail" features built in, and its free smile Once You learn to use it, there endless posibilities with groovy. You can send mail to addresses in custom fields.

Beside the Script runners own page, search here on Answers, and I have some on http://www.mos-eisley.dk/display/ATLASSIAN/Script+Runner+plugin

Specific, You can add a post function to the "create" step, sending mails...

BR,

Normann

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2014

Thanks for response Normann, we do have the ScriptRunner plug in. I was thinking since its dynamic and per customer if I could do a custom event for if a ticket is created for CUSTOMER A in PROJECTS 1,2,3,4. A listener could send out an email to that group to the people listed in the custom email created by ScriptRunner.

Suggest an answer