I want to only allow client to see the description of an issue but not comments

Yvette_Nguyen January 17, 2018

Is there a way to assign issues to clients.

They have browse permission in the permission scheme. I would like them to only red description of an issue but not able to read any comments. The comments are from internal developers and I would like them not to see.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

You can set comments to be only visible to certain groups or project roles. I don't use that so I don't know if you can set a default, but it is worth exploring. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Hello,

If you use Service Desk then you could make your client Customers and they would be able to log only to the Service Desk portal and read only shared comments.

If you you want your client to log in to Jira then you could restrict your comment visibiltity when you create a comment. You can read more about comment visibility here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/commenting-on-an-issue-720416302.html

Yvette_Nguyen January 18, 2018

This won't work for me. We have 100 issues that already created  for the  existing project and each of them already had comments.  I just want to hide them before I let my client browse the issues. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

You can edit comments manually or write a script

Suggest an answer