I want to limit vendors to see only one board in the project and not view other boards?

Denise April 16, 2021

We have a lot of vendors that work in our Jira instance. 

How do allow one vendor to see one board in one specific project and not see other boards where other vendors are working on issues(tickets) in the same project?

My choices for sharing the filter are very small. 

thanks

Denise 

2 answers

0 votes
Denise April 19, 2021

Hi Sebastien, what is use issue security additional?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi Denise,

If you use only different boards, every vendor is able to see all issues if they want to, for example if they use issue search.

If you want to make sure, that each vendor can only see their issues, you have to use issue security. 

Here you can find more information about that https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Denise April 28, 2021

Hi Bastian,

I am reviewing the issue security schemes and it does not say that a vendor will not see other issues in the project.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Thanks

Densie 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Denise,

it says:

You can create issue security levels within issue security schemes to let you and your team control who can see particular issues. When you associate an issue security scheme with a project, you can apply its security levels to issues in that project. Subtasks inherit the security level of their parent issue.

This means, you can set per issue, who can see an issue. In the issue security scheme, you define different levels  (at least one), and there you can define, that for example you and only the assignee can see that issue. Or only a specific group, if you have groups for all users of a vendor.

If you then apply that level to an issue, only the users from that security level will be able to see that issues.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

Hi @Denise ,

The dashboards are shared with the same users the underlying filter is shared with.

So you have to make sure that the filter is shared only with one vendor.

You could use groups for that and create a group for each vendor.

But you should keep in mind, that even if you restrict a board to each vendor, they are able to access all issues by using the issue search for example, if you don't use issue security additional. 

Denise April 16, 2021

Thanks Bastian, I created a group but it does not show in the list when i want to select that group?  It only shows the jira software users etc...

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

Hmm, thats weird, there should be all groups available. 

I think this is a bug and you should reach out to support on support.atlassian.com/contact

Suggest an answer