I want to limit users to see issues. They must see only own issues. How can I do this ?

Yasin Ozgen Buran September 1, 2015

I want to limit users to see issues. They must see only own issues. How can I do this ?

3 answers

1 vote
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2015

Hi Yasin!

For that case you'll need to configure the issue level security. That way you can limit the ticket audience based on: 

• Individual users
  • Groups
  • Project roles
  • Issue roles such as 'Reporter', 'Project Lead', and 'Current Assignee'
  • 'Anyone' (eg. to allow anonymous access)
  • A (multi-)user picker custom field.
  • A (multi-)group picker custom field. This can either be an actual group picker custom field, or a (multi-)select-list whose values are group names.

Please follow the documentation below to have this implemented:

Configuring Issue Level Security

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

It's also likely that if you go this way, you'll want to automatically set the security level as well - look at post functions to do that. I'd recommend using the Reporter Browse permission instead - it's far simpler than issue security and works automatically.

0 votes
Yasin Ozgen Buran September 3, 2015

Thanks for your answers.

I did it. I have one more question .

I limited users to see issues. But I do not want them to see issues's Time Tracking. How can I do ?

0 votes
Yasin Ozgen Buran September 1, 2015

Thanks your answer ,

I read these documents but I didn't understand anything. Can you explain step by step this solution , what should I do ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

The documentation already is "step by step", so I'm not sure we can help you much. Follow it through, creating a security scheme, add levels to it and then apply it to the project.

Suggest an answer