• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want to know from where do Agile Sprint Field is getting populated? I observed the field shows sprint values from all the viewed Agile Boards. Are these values getting saved somewhere or are picked dynamically for Sprint field?

I want to know from where do Agile Sprint Field is getting populated? I observed the field shows sprint values from all the viewed Agile Boards. Are these values getting saved somewhere or are picked dynamically for Sprint field?

Radha Khullar March 19, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2015

The values are set by the users putting things into the sprints they've defined.  There's an association between sprint and issue defined in the Agile active objects tables.

Radha Khullar March 20, 2015

Thanks for the reply.

Can these values be controlled programmatically in such a fashion that Project P containing 2 Agile Boards A and B. And the program allow edit Issue's sprint field to show only Agile Board A's sprint values and not Agile Board B's sprint values. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2015

No, because if you're doing this, it's in both sprints and hence needs to show both.

Radha Khullar March 20, 2015

A little modification in my previous question: Programmatically allowing edit issue screen belonging to Agile Board A to show Sprint values of Agile Board A only and Agile Board B's edit issue screen to show Sprint values of Agile Board B only!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2015

No, because the boards need to show what you have done with the issue. If you want to break them in this way, you'll need to rewrite half of the Agile addon.

Radha Khullar March 22, 2015

But what in case the issue belongs to Agile Board A's sprint only and not to Agile Board B. Asking this because it causes confusion while changing sprint value in edit issue screen wherein all the sprint values belonging to Project are shown and are not just specific Agile board to whom issue belongs to.

Suggest an answer