I want to integrate JIRA server instance to service now. How can this be achieved?

Priyanka khare May 14, 2021

Hello ,

I want to integrate JIRA server instance to service now. How can this be achieved?

Regards,

Priyanka

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

I'm afraid there is not much we can tell you.  "Integrate" is a "suitcase word" - it gives us a rough idea that you want to do something, but without knowing the contents of the suitcase/integration, we can only tell you about the broadest of principles.  For a suitcase, it's "move some objects from one place to another".

For "integrate Jira to Service Now", all we can tell you is "yes, you can connect them, either from one to the other, or bi-directionally, and they can then talk to each other about stuff"

The details of "how" are determined by what you want from the "integration".

A small step further with zero information about what you need though - have a look at the Jira apps that mention Service Now in the marketplace, they may be able to help.  Equally, take a look at the Service Now ecosystem, that may have things that can help too.  If you can't find anything on either side, then you'll need to start looking at coding your own stuff against the two systems' remote APIs.

Suggest an answer