I want to import a Project into my OnDemand Jira instance from an onsite Jira instance. What options do I have?

Dana Chapman July 10, 2014

I have access to both an onsite Jira instance (v6.0.7) and an OnDemand Jira instance (v6.3-OD-08-005-WN). I would like to import a single project from the onsite instance into my OnDemand instance. I don't see the "Project Import" function available to me in my OnDemand instance, which I assume has been removed intentionally.

Considering the versions involved here, and the fact that my target system is an OnDemand instance, what are my best options for importing a Jira project into this OnDemand instance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014

Hi Dana,

Actually, to migrate a project from an standalone instance to OnDemand you'll need to:

1. Import OnDemand into a new standalone instance;
  2. Upgrade JIRA 6.0.7 to the latest version (the same version which you imported OnDemand into);
  3. And use the Project Import feature between the two standalone instances.
  4. After the above is done, you'll need to export an XML backup and import it into OnDemand again.

Unfortunately this is currently the only way to achieve that that I'm aware of. :(

Anyhow, I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Matheus

Dana Chapman July 10, 2014

okay, thanks for the response. that's pretty much what i came up with with my own research, too. was hoping somebody had another solution that i hadn't come across yet.

Suggest an answer