I want to hide the “Tasks” that are in the “Components” of a Project from the “to do” column in the “Task board”?

Victor Moleiro December 23, 2015

I want to hide the “Tasks” that are in the “Components” of a Project from the “to do” column  in the “Task board”?

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

The question is garbled for me. You can control what issues to be displayed in a board based on status via updating the board's "Column Configuration". Drag/Drop issues statuses on each column to show/unhide them.
If this is not what you want, can you please elaborate more or share a screenshot with us? 

Victor Moleiro December 23, 2015

I have projects with "versions" and "Components". The "versions" have task "To Do" for an specific date. The "components" have also tasks to do, but at the moment are not scheduled. The tasks inside "component" will pass to "versions" task, to be scheduled and done in a specific date. If all the tasks that are inside the "components" appears in the "To Do" column of the "task board". That means that there are too many tasks inside the "to do" column, and it makes a big mess. It is imposible to choose the task to do, there are to much tasks. Then I do not want that the tasks inside the "components" appears in the "to do" column of the "task board"

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

As mentioned, the issues displayed in columns on the JIRA board are based on statuses. Mapped them accordingly.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2015

Or you could just update for Filter Query or create a Sub Query on the Board Configuration itself.

Suggest an answer