I want to get the date the issue was assigned to user

viniciussilvaahgora August 17, 2015

I want to get the date the issue was assigned to user, to display this information in this user dashboard.

I'm using JIRA cloud.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Assuming you just want that user to be shown all issues currently assigned to them, it would be easy to show the date in which each of those issues had been modified in any way, despite of the fact that it is not the same than the date in which the assignment occurred (it will be the same date if the last action performed on the issue was the assignment).

In order to achieve this:

1. Enter Configure System Dashboard page.
    1. Click on Add Gadget button, on the top-right corner.
      1. Select the gadget Assigned to Me.
      2. Click on Add Gadget.
          (The gadget will be shown on the dashboard) 
    2. Hover the mouse over the top-right corner of the Assigned to Me gadget.
      1. Click on the dropdown menu > Edit.
          (The gadget will change to edit mode)
        1. On the only dropdown menu, select the field Updated.
        2. Click on Save.
  2. Check the last updated date is being shown in the Assigned to Me gadget.

While these steps do not produce what you intended to do on your original request, I think the date of each issue's last update can be used with quite similar effects than the date in which the issue was assigned.

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2015

Hello Vinicius, you can use a Favorite Filter gadget with a JQL filter for this user with a createddate parameter or you can use the Activity Stream as a partial workaround (Where you can filter by this user and will show all activity related to this user)

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Could you elaborate more on the gadget approach?

Suggest an answer