I want to find total time spent on sub task to calculate and report on master ticket

Hi all,,

i wanted to get Total efforts spend by each master ticket , its total activity time & total idle time? (For example master ticket has 5 subtask & each subtask took 10 mins & Delta (idle time) of 2 mins between each subtask so total activity time is 50 mins & idle time is 10 mins.

if you have Any plugin or script that can do this task for us,Please let us know that will be great help.

I have tried of some SLA plugin but non of them give option summing sub task time spent on each status and give a result to parent.

Any help suggestion on this will be great help.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey there,

normally you got a checkbox "include subtasks".
this add your subtask time in the master ticket.

if this doesn't fit you install the script runner plugin and use a builtin jql function for a good filter.

Hope this can help.

Greets
Simon 

Ollie Community Champion Nov 24, 2014

Thanks for the Answers.

Simon where we get a checkbox "include subtasks". time, is there any plugin or we need to navigate in JIRA some where to get this option?

Sum up, Plugin is not helping much, it just add the filed value, but i need time spent on each status to be added as one value and put that value on parent ticket.

It'a standard function within all our 6.3.7 instances - no special plugin for this. if you got a subtask with estimation on it - you get the checkbox "include subtasks"

@CCP TechOps ... missed the mention

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

63 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you