I want to disable to create issue and close issue by properites option

Deleted user March 31, 2015

I want to set be disable to create issue and close issue by properites option in workflows status and transitions

but it doesn't work by below site information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

i have done all ways what I can..

However I don't know..

help me...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

Why are you trying to do this with properties?  The correct way to do it is to use the workflow as it is intended.

Could you explain what you are trying to do?  (Not the method you're trying to achieve it with, but the actual reason for "disable create and close")

Open and Close status have to exist in workflow but I need to prevent that anyone do 'create issue' and 'close issue'. So that's why I need to make to be disable 'create issue' and 'close issue'.. I thought I could control it on the workflow by properties option However it doesn't work.. I don't know why... I tried like this.... jira.permission.comment.denied it worked.. when I input the key, I could not make a comment.. However .... jira.permission.create.denied or jira.permission.close.denied they didn't work.... How can I solve it...? It's okay even though it doesn't use a properties...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

I'm really not sure why you've landed on the use of properties to do this. To disable "Create issue", go to the permission scheme for the project and remove everything from the "create issue" permission. No-one will be able to create an issue (note - check if the permission scheme is shared with other projects before changing it) To prevent "close issue" is a bit more complex. Read the workflow for the project and look at the "conditions" on the "close issue" transition. They *probably* say "only people with close permission and resolve permission can do this". If that is the case, then you can eithre remove people from the roles/groups that give them the permissions, or again, edit the permission scheme to remove the right.

I will use only several groups.. and also they can make a create issue because it is already set by permission as you told me.. However I prevent to create a issue from several users.. such as.. Group "Test" have a "create issue" permission Group "Test" can make a issue type "bug","task".... also there is User "A".. "A" is a member of Group "Test" BUT...I need to set that "A" can't make a create Issue "bug" type.. So that's why I'm trying to use a properties.....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2015

Right. You can't do that, it won't work. Permissions are done at a project level, not issue type. Properties will not support that anyway, they kick in too late in the flow. The closest you can get is to create a "bug" workflow that is deliberately broken - you'll need a validator on the create transition that says "is user member of group" and fails the validation if they are not. If you go that way, I strongly recommend a warning on the create screen as well, because it won't stop them trying to create the bug. The other alternative is to use something like Behaviours (now part of the script runner addon) to do it

Deleted user April 1, 2015

Hmmm.... Finally, it is impossible to control setting using by properties.... So... I found the way that can be control by javascript and it is needed to put on announcement banner... It's possible to hide a particular issue type when I create an issue even though I need to put it on accouncement banner..... Or... I think I need to find another way such as script validator(groovy) or plugin develop for better.... Thanks for your help..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events