I want to create JIRA tickets from Gmail with an OnDemand instance. How do I do this?

Stefani Ribaudo May 6, 2014

I have Atlassian OnDemand and would like to set it up so that I can create JIRA tickets from Gmail. I have read the directions on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS/Adding+an+Atlassian+Gadget+to+iGoogle+and+Other+Web+Sites#AddinganAtlassianGadgettoiGoogleandOtherWebSites-AddinganAtlassianGadgettoGmail.

I can not find the url for the gadget using the directions on the page. Can someone help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefani Ribaudo May 18, 2014

The gadget that I wanted to use isnt available anymore so this was a bust.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

If you hang in there, an OnDemand version of JEMH is 'coming soon'. JEMH-OD will allow arbitrary POP/IMAP mail server configuration. It currently tackles remote email-only parties rather than full JIRA users (there are issues with OD and the ability to do certain things, such as impersonate other users, which is required to fully support 'JIRA' users. What is your use case?

0 votes
Stefani Ribaudo May 18, 2014

Having the ability to EASILY create JIRA tickets without having to login to JIRA through a browser is a big need at my company. Since we have an On Demand version the options for this are limited, the mobile version of JIRA isnt great for adding/editing tickets, and we can't use MANY plugins that would help solve this issue.

I currently have JIRA configured to create tickets via emails from gmail but again that feature is limiting. When creatign tickets from email we would like to be able to add the epic link, labels, etc. not just create a ticket with the summary and watchers.

Kalpana Iyer July 31, 2018

How did you configure this feature? I need to setup some gmail labels to create JIRA tickets. what is the best way to do so?

Sesha February 18, 2020

@[deleted] 

I need to setup some gmail labels to create JIRA tickets too. Just wondering if there is a way to do it?

Thank you

Sesha

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2020

Post new questions rather than reply to threads from long dead conversations, and be sure to make it clear if you are in cloud or using Jira Server/DC!

0 votes
Geoffrey Rodgers May 11, 2014

Stefani,

I believe the URL referred to in that article is the URL for the gadget itself, i.e. go to your JIRA dashboard, click "Add Gadget," find a gadget in the directory and copy the URL that appears after the gadget's description.

Have you located an Atlassian gadget that let's you remotely create JIRA issues? If not, I don't think this will work as you had hoped.

Geoffrey

Suggest an answer