I want to control which JIRA issues I watch, even those I create.

Frank_Spafford March 27, 2015

I need the ability to stop receiving email notifications about some of the JIRA issues that I create. My account has no special privileges, so the approach must work with this condition.

Ideally I could stop or start watching an issue, regardless of the reporter.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2015

Go to the issue and click the "stop watching" option under the watchers field.

You might want to consider going into your profile and turning off "autowatch"

Frank_Spafford March 31, 2015

I am not watching the issue. Since I am the reporter, JIRA is sending email notifications to me. I can not stop them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

Ah. Then you need to amend the notification scheme to tell it not to send mail to the reporter (although that will be a global change, affecting all users of the project), or change the reporter to someone else

Frank_Spafford April 1, 2015

Yes, but the Gods that give out privileges have not chosen to give me the privileges necessary to effect those changes. So I continue to receive spam from JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2015

It's not spam, it's information that your administrators have decided to send to you (I really want to use the word "inflict" there, because although it's not *quite* spam, it's certainly unwanted). You'll need to have the discussion with them about changing it.

Frank_Spafford April 6, 2015

Chuckle. Thanks for your time Nic.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2015

In addition to Nic answer, here is the documentation to turn off the auto watch feature.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Frank_Spafford March 31, 2015

The page you reference is no longer there...

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2015

i'm not sure it was deleted but you can see the cached page by google in this link.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer