I want to associate certain customer users to account i have set up in Service Desk

Sean O'Connell March 2, 2016

I have Accounts set up for Tempo and I want to assign Customers to the individual accounts so my Service Desk manager can group the individual customers together.

i.e.

user1@examplecustomer.com - Account CUST1

user2@examplecustomer.com - Account CUST1

User3@examplecompany.com - Account CUST2

Is it better to create groups or teams or is there a way to do this in JIRA? How do I organize my Customers so that they are group together?!

1 answer

1 vote
Angelo Verona March 9, 2016

Hello, my company have the same issue. We would like to group customers by company. Because we have some paid customers and some which are not. We would like to filter somehow these customers because of SLA.

They can log in without restriction (in thousands) but still we would like to filter them and mark them as companies accounts with different bundles of support for particular product (project). 

So is there any way to grouping them? We are in cloud hosted JIRA now, there was i think a solution in server hosted one grouping by roles..but even that one is not so straightforward. What about grouping by rules or grouping by customer-group?

Even from report point we would like to know how many ticket were opened by particular group of customer accounts which belong to company.

Sean O'Connell March 9, 2016

From what I can see, the way to handle this internally is to add the Account to the Ticket, but this doesn't alleviate the issue if you're facing potentially thousands of user requests. How would your group ever keep up, right? You can't have users going through and assigning accounts to each ticket.

I tried adding the Account Field to the Portal, but any time a user tries to enter the Value, it just causes an unspecified error and states the user needs to contact my support group. They don't know how to fix the issue either!

Optimally, what would happen is this:

1) Customer User creates User Account

2) Customer associates their User Account with their System Account in their Profile.

3) When user logs a ticket, JIRA Support Desk automatically puts their issue in to the bucket for that System Account Number.

4)(optional) If Issue count for Customer XXXX exceeds a certain amount or the hours worked exceeds XX hours per week, an alert is sent to the Manager notifying them of such and allows for more actions to be taken.

This would enable my Support Desk manager to pull Agent hours by Customer, and allow for better billing if customer exceeds their allocated Support hours, etc.

Suggest an answer