Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to add a "waiting for release" column on the active sprint board

Hi, as the subject line indicates, I want to add a "waiting for prod release" column on the active sprint board.

This is for the sake of better visualization, and at least the whole team won't need to keep referring to a confluence page for what needs to be released to production.

However, this status would be outside their definition of done (meaning, their DoD would have been fulfilled already), and I was thinking of inserting this column after the Done column.

Thinking about it now, though, I wonder if I end the current sprint, the items under here would also disappear? Esp if the resolution set to it is Done.

Is there a way for me to achieve the above with as little friction as possible? Also, if there are other issues that would crop up from this that haven't crossed my mind yet, please let me know in the comments.

2 answers

Hi @Stefannie Tan 

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?

If this is a release management issue, have you tried assigning issues to a release in Jira, and instead referring to the Release page?

Or...if your team has one pending release at a time (which is next), you could make not changes other than adding a quick filter to the board to see the issues in the next release:

fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()

Please look here for more information about advanced JQL functions like this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/#Advancedsearchingfunctionsreference-earliestUnreleasedVersionearliestUnreleasedVersion--

Kind regards,
Bill

we do use the releases page in jira, but our releases page in jira is more like, we have a set of features that must be released by this date, but those issues inside the release may be released iteratively within the period. (or we have situations where the release date within a period might change, so our releases page in jira is more of an overall management/reference tool).

Perhaps this is a question with the team about what is "done" to them for their "definition of done"...

If done includes released, then that would be a column/status on the board prior to done.

If instead build-and-test-complete means done, release is independent of that, and multiple stories can be in one release, then perhaps using Jira releases is a better way to do this.  The management need of "released by this date" tracking could be addressed using the Due Date field on individual issues and a filter/dashboard to show that information.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 12, 2022

Hi @Stefannie Tan if you keep these issues active (without resolution), then closing the sprint will force you to move these issues to the next sprint as the issue isn't released yet. Issues with a resolution will not carry on to the next sprint.

hi @Dave Mathijs , thanks for your input. yeah, i understand, but i do need the status resolution to be "done" since this is already outside their "definition of done" and just awaiting release to prod. hm, i wonder if i can just use a filter on the column itself? i'll try experimenting on my test board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events