I want to add a custom field to an issue template associated with a specific project

Dan Snyder September 25, 2014

2 answers

0 votes

Thank you. here's a follow-up. Within a project, when creating an issue, how do I control what project selections are available? What I'm trying to do is make sure the only project an issue would be assigned to is the project in which you are creating the issue in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2014

I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense - you've chosen the project already when you are creating an issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2014

I'm not sure "issue template" makes a lot of sense in JIRA, but based on my guess at what you mean, try https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

Let me be more specific. I want to add a selection field as a mandatory field when a user creates an Issue but I only want this selection field to be added to issues created with a specific project which I created

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2014

Yup, that's perfectly clear, thanks. The link I gave covers it. Although there is the option it barely mentions - put the field on all screens, but give it a "context" of just that one project.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2014

Fields-->Modify configuration scheme context

Choose applicable context

Please choose the contexts where this configuration will be applicable. Note that this will apply to only issues with the selected issue type as above.

Apply to issues under selected projects

Suggest an answer