I want my custom field to define who can see the issue by user

Eyal Olevson October 25, 2016

Hi Atlassian experts.
I have one main project that has a mandatory custom field that define "sub-project" under the same main project.
Since I work with 3rd party developers, I want to be able to define who can see the issues in my main project by selecting specific value in a custom field I've created. each value should represent different view permissions. 

• I have all the developers under the same group except dev managers and administrators.
  • I want to be able to add a specific user to a "restricted" issue if needed.

Thanks in advance
     Eyal O

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

Since you're in the cloud I don't believe you can do it with a custom field. I suggest you look at issue security schemes. You can name those anything you want and apply them to the issues the same way you could a custom field. You can also control who can set them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

The way to do it as specified would be to use the custom field to decide how to populate the "security level" field.  Barring the use of the custom field, the rest of the requirement is "issue security".  You might as well just use the security level (and you can't code on Cloud, so it's your only option really)

Suggest an answer