I want my custom field to define who can see the issue by user

Hi Atlassian experts.
I have one main project that has a mandatory custom field that define "sub-project" under the same main project.
Since I work with 3rd party developers, I want to be able to define who can see the issues in my main project by selecting specific value in a custom field I've created. each value should represent different view permissions. 

• I have all the developers under the same group except dev managers and administrators.
  • I want to be able to add a specific user to a "restricted" issue if needed.

Thanks in advance
     Eyal O

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 25, 2016

Since you're in the cloud I don't believe you can do it with a custom field. I suggest you look at issue security schemes. You can name those anything you want and apply them to the issues the same way you could a custom field. You can also control who can set them.

The way to do it as specified would be to use the custom field to decide how to populate the "security level" field.  Barring the use of the custom field, the rest of the requirement is "issue security".  You might as well just use the security level (and you can't code on Cloud, so it's your only option really)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

691 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you