• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want my client to just look into the issue ticket in which he is assigned to, and he belongs only to one project.He shouldnt see any others projects.Can you plz list the step by step procedure for this. I am a beginner in JIRA cloud.

I want my client to just look into the issue ticket in which he is assigned to, and he belongs only to one project.He shouldnt see any others projects.Can you plz list the step by step procedure for this. I am a beginner in JIRA cloud.

mounika.p January 31, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

You will need to review all the projects they should not have access to see how they are getting access to it, and then remove that access.

Generally, the group jira-users or jira-software-users has been used to grant access to all projects to anyone who can log in.  You'll need to change that model, adding a new group and removing the "can use" group from the projects.

mounika.p February 1, 2017

Hi Thanks for your reply. Yes i do see the group jira-software-users. Now can you please share me a step-by- step procedure inorder to acheive this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

Look at each project they should not have access to.  Read the permission scheme and work out how to change the role memberships so that they do not have access

I can't tell you how to do that, I do not know what your permissions and roles are.

Suggest an answer