• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I want an external code to run as soon as workflow status changes from one to other. Can this be achieved through any add-ons? I already have that external code available

I want an external code to run as soon as workflow status changes from one to other. Can this be achieved through any add-ons? I already have that external code available

sarala April 6, 2016

I want an external code to run as soon as workflow status changes from one to other. Can this be achieved through any add-ons? I already have that external code available 

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

A couple of ways to accomplish this:

• Use the JIRA built-in feature called JIRA Webhooks (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-webhooks-300814309.html).
  • If you don't like that, find an add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace that allows you to run a script in a post-function (like JIRA ScriptRunner, JIRA Misc Workflow Externsions JMWE). It's like kicking of a groovy script to do whatever you like during a post-function.

Suggest an answer